Pentagon BIM Consultants attend this year’s biggest BIM event in Northern Ireland.
The NI BIM 2016 conference was fittingly held at one of Belfast’s greatest landmarks the Titanic building & was a celebration of the digital age with our advancement towards smart cities & the spotlight shining most brightly on BIM in Northern Ireland. The event brought together 400+ individuals who procure, design, build and maintain construction assets, looking at BIM today & beyond, sharing industry experience & learning.
Our BIM director, David Gawley, alongside Queens University Belfast & Ostick+Williams, covered BIM implementation into operation/FM providing some insight into EIRs, PLQs, OIRs, data drop requirements, etc. Recurring themes throughout the event touched on developing technologies within construction such as point cloud data, lazer scanning, drone/UAVs, generative design, but overall the message on everyone’s lips was one of collaboration throughout the built environment.
Pentagon BIM Consultants have a wealth of experience in the UK & Ireland, helping companies across the full Supply Chain progress their own unique BIM journey. Here’s some of the Virtual Construction/BIM Services we provide:
- BIM Advice & Consultancy Services including BIM GAP Analysis
- BIM Level 2 Workshops – BIM Workshops aimed at industry specific roles
- BIM Implementation & Adoption Plans including Employer Information Requirements (EIRs) advice
- BIM Authoring Software & Training with the option for bespoke BIM tools
- BIM Project Kick-off Services
- Advice on Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Consultative COBie specifications and integration
- UK Level 2 BIM readiness for Clients, Designers, Contractors & Supply Chain