3 Key Things to Consider before Cloud Adoption
The notion of cloud computing has been here longer than you might think – network-based computing dates to the 1960s! However, the radical shift in the nature of ‘the cloud’ is evident in the impressive advancements it has made since then and it’s universal adoption. Cloud technology has become the new norm and most people are using it to back up their mobile devices on a daily basis. In short, the cloud has come a long way!
With the cloud, organizations enjoy many benefits:
• Cloud solutions are not bound to any network and can be used from any location on a variety of devices.
• Fast deployment and service are available more quickly than on-premise solutions.
• Cloud applications can quickly scale up and down allowing organizations to use operation budgets versus making significant capital investments.
• Simpler and faster upgrade cycles ensure access to the most recent version of an application.
• Public cloud infrastructure ensures 24/7 human monitoring and fortified data centres are more secure than most corporate centres.