BIM Evening Seminars
BIM Evening Seminars
Pentagon BIM Consultants will be hosting a series of CPD certified evening seminars on digital construction, data management and asset management.
Each seminar will focus on a key area, providing insight on common challenges experienced by Project Teams. Content will also highlight opportunities for improving delivery, with “measured benefits” for Clients, Consultants and Contractors.
Seminar One – Managing your Digital Assets in an Asset Information Model (6th October)
This seminar is aimed primarily at Clients, particularly those involved with Facilities Management, Commissioning and Handover activities. The event would also be beneficial for Contractors to understand the “real” data and information required by Owner/Operators. Topics include:
- Planning for asset maintenance in digital construction projects.
- Challenges with BIM projects progressing from a Project Information Model (PIM) to an Asset Information Model (AIM)
- Specifying Asset Information requirements for attributes, H&S, and technical documentation.
- Who is responsible for delivering Asset Information? What outputs are required and where will they be stored?
- Making changes to Asset Information Models.
- Initiating a new project.
- Measuring the benefits of asset information in a digital format.
Seminar Two – Digital Construction, Common Data Environment and Security (26th October)
The second seminar is aimed at those managing and controlling data/information throughout the delivery of BIM projects. It will also address security concerns they may have about sharing project information. Topics include:
- Why do we need data management in construction? What is wrong with current practices?
- Common challenges in data management for BIM and non-BIM projects.
- What are the “Measured Benefits” when data management is applied effectively?
- What are the requirements and which standards we should use?
- Including security considerations in your data management strategy.
- How does Asset Management align with Data Management?
Seminar Three – Do Successful BIM projects need an Information Manager? (10th November)
The third Seminar addresses a frequently misunderstood role in BIM projects – the Information Manager. What is expected of this Client-appointed role and how can their influence drive digital delivery traction and project success? Topics include:
- Who is responsible for Project Information Management?
- The role of the Information Manager. Why it is necessary and who is best suited in this role.
- Alignment with other roles (BIM Manager, BIM Coordinator, etc.)
- Opportunities in Information Management.
- Common challenges in Information Management.
- Measuring success in Information Management.
- Project Metrics – what should be considered for future digital projects?
Please Note: Each seminar is priced at £25 & VAT pp
Location: Pentagon BIM Consultants Offices
Ask the team a question
"*" indicates required fields