Activate Online after Installation
The steps below illustrate the process of activating and registering your Autodesk software online the first time you launch a new program after installation.
To activate and register your software:
- Launch your Autodesk product by clicking the product icon on your desktop or by clicking the (product name).exe file, which is typically saved under your Programs (Windows) or Applications (Mac) folder.
- On the Let's Get Started screen, choose one of these options:
- Enter a Serial Number. Use this option if you have a single-user license and received serial number information in your confirmation email.
- Use a Network License. Use this option if you use a network server to manage licenses and know the name of the server.
- On the Autodesk Privacy Statement screen, click the I Agree button to indicate your acceptance of the terms and conditions. The privacy statement only appears the first time you launch the software.
- On the Product LIcense Activation screen, click Activate.
- Enter the Serial Number and Product Key and click the Continue or Next button (depending on your software version).
- On the Product License Activation Options screen, choose one of the following options:
- Connect now and activate
- I have an activation code from Autodesk
Note: If you can't connect or have restricted Internet access, you need to manually activate your product
- If you have received an activation code from Autodesk by email, place your cursor in the top-left cell and copy and paste it into the form. (The code will populate the entire table.)
If you do not have your activation code, you can use your Serial Number and Request Code to get your Autodesk product activation code online.
- When you see the Thank You for Activating screen, activation is complete.