Activate & Register your Software
Activate & Register your Software
1. Generate a Request Code
After you install your software, you can use it on a trial basis until you receive your Activation Code from Autodesk.
To generate a request code to activate your software:
- Disable your Internet connection and launch your software. This is an offline process. The screens below only appear if your computer is not connected to the Internet.
- Click the Activate button on the Free Trial screen.
Note: Autodesk software products operate on a Free Trial license until activated. If you purchased your software and didn’t use it as a Free Trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen.
- Enter your Serial Number and Product Key. Click Next.
Select Request an activation code using an offline method. Click Next.
Record the activation information provided.
You’ll need your product name, serial number, product key, and request code when you submit your request for an activation code on another computer. You can file an email request using the address provided or visit register.autodesk.com.
See: Request an Activation Code, below.
The request code shown is for example only and will not work if used.
- Click Close to resume using your software in Free Trial mode while the request is being processed.
2. Request an Activation Code
To activate your software offline, complete an Activation Code request on a computer that does have Internet access.
To get an Activation Code from online Product Registration & Activation:
- Visit register.autodesk.com and sign in using your Autodesk Account information. If you don’t have an Autodesk Account, follow the onscreen prompts to create one.
Note: The Product Registration & Activation website requires an Autodesk ID to sign in and not your email address. If you don’t know your Autodesk ID, sign in at accounts.autodesk.com using your email address and password to view your ID, which is listed under Profile/Security Settings.
- Select your Operating System and enter your Serial Number. Click Next.
- Select the product that matches the serial number you entered. Click Next.
- Select an existing account or enter new account information. This is the name and address you wish to use for your software registration. Click Next.
- Verify your registration information and enter your Request Code where prompted. Click Next.
- Print or save your registration information, especially your Activation Code. You’ll enter this information when you activate your software manually from the Free Trial screen.
3. Activate your Software Manually
After you receive your Activation Code, you can finish your software activation from the Free Trial screens.
To activate your software manually:
- Disable your Internet connection, start the software, and click the Activate button on the Free Trial screen.
Note: You will only see manual activation screens if you are using a computer that has no active Internet connection.
Autodesk software products operate on a Free Trial license until activated. If you purchased your software and didn’t use it as a Free Trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen.
Enter your Serial Number and Product Key. Click Next.
Select I have an activation code from Autodesk and then enter the activation code in the spaces provided. Click Next to complete manual activation.
Note: If you copy and paste the entire activation code into the first field, the remaining fields are automatically filled in.
Ask the team a question
"*" indicates required fields