- Search “Uninstall Tool” on the Windows Start button.
- Open it and select all the Autodesk software to remove them.
Note. The Uninstall Tool is only available for Autodesk software that are not using the new Installation Experience. If the tool is not available on your system, skip to Step 3.
- Click Start > type appwiz.cpl > press ENTER. The Control Panel opens. Uninstall all Autodesk software.
- Run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to check and remove any residual Autodesk software on the system.
- Click Start > type %temp% > press ENTER. The Temp folder opens. Remove all folders and files, skip any in use.
- Remove the 3 files starting with adsk in C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet (Note. One of the 3 files is hidden).
- Remove the folders below:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared
- C:\ProgramData\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %localappdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- %appdata%\Autodesk (Note: This folder might be hidden)
- Open Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT) and remove the following:
Note. The above Clean Uninstall steps will remove all Autodesk software from your machine and any residual files from any previous installations, Windows registry keys, and license information. Use this procedure only if you need to remove ALL Autodesk software from your system. To uninstall single products, use the Uninstall button in “Programs and Features” in “Control Panel”.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, Back up system registry. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.