AutoCAD has a flexible subscription model, with new features available with each release and product update. Here's what's new in 2022!
Trusted by millions. Continuously innovating. Autodesk®️ AutoCAD®️ drives design forward with enhanced automation. Eliminating painful counting, comparing Xrefs or DWGs, and adjusting to give time for meaningful design work. Access specialized toolsets with industry-specific features including for architecture, mechanical, and electrical. With this best-in-class product using TrustedDWG™ technology, experience relentless innovation and performance upgrades to keep you working faster. Subscribe for a design experience with connections between Autodesk products including BIM 360® and Autodesk Docs and with cloud storage providers. Design with AutoCAD anywhere with AutoCAD web and mobile apps. Unapologetically innovative CAD.
If you’re on a perpetual license of AutoCAD 2016 or earlier, here’s what’s new in AutoCAD 2022.
• 2022 Trace: Safely review and add feedback directly to a DWG file without altering the existing drawing.
• 2022 Share: Send a controlled copy of your drawings to teammates to securely access wherever they are.
• 2022 Count: Automate the counting of blocks or geometry and reduce errors. Export your data to a dynamic table.
• 2022 Push to Autodesk Docs: Publish your CAD drawing sheets as PDFs directly from AutoCAD to Autodesk Docs.
• 2022: Graphic Performance & Installation Improvements: Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customizable installations. You can even work in AutoCAD while it’s being installed. Experience faster performance including when plotting and for 3D graphics.
• Drawing History: See changes made to your drawing over time and get automatic insights about previous versions.
• Xref Compare: Compare two versions of an external Xref and implement changes without leaving your current drawing.
• Blocks palette: Insert blocks efficiently from the Libraries tab on desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
• Quick measure: Quickly display all nearby measurements including areas and perimeters in a drawing.
• Trim and Extend: The default Quick mode now automatically selects all potential boundaries
• DWG™ compare: Compare differences between two drawing revisions without leaving your current window.
• Save to web and mobile: Save drawings and their associated Xrefs from your desktop to view and edit in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
• PDF import: Import geometry (SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text) into a drawing from a PDF.
• Shared views: Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.**
• New views and viewports: Easily add saved views to your layouts.
• Attach/extract point cloud data: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies.
• Off-screen selection: Selected objects stay in the selection set, even if you pan or zoom off-screen.
• New feature highlighting: Quickly see what’s new in each release.
• Autodesk desktop app: Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow.
• AutoCAD anytime, anywhere: Access AutoCAD from your desktop, web, and mobile devices.**
• 2022 Floating windows: View and edit two drawings at the same time in fully functional windows side by side, or on multiple monitors. No need to open another instance of AutoCAD.
• 2022 Customizable installation: Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customizable installations. You can even work in AutoCAD while it’s being installed.
• Enhanced 2D and 3D performance: Pan and zoom faster in real-time. Experience automatic regeneration operations for a smoother experience. More responsive in 3D orbit, pan, and zoom operations.
• AutoLISP: Edit and debug files with the new extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code. Unicode characters now fully supported.
• Save in half a second: Shave one second off each save on average.
• User interface: Modern blue aesthetic, flat-design icons, and intuitive dialog boxes and toolbars.
• High-resolution monitor support: View your designs on 4K- and higher-resolution displays.
• Save, move/copy performance boost with the 2018 TrustedDWG™ file format.
• Autodesk App Store and 600+ exchange apps.
*As compared to basic AutoCAD. The study was designed by Autodesk and commissioned by an outside consultant. Your results may differ. Autodesk provides this information “as is”, without warranty of any kind.
* *Not available to maintenance plan customers.
†Available to maintenance plan customers with Advanced Support.