Northern Ireland Area Technical Event: Building Information Modelling (BIM)
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is revolutionising how the construction industry plans, designs, builds and maintains assets through the whole lifecycle. The UK Government has mandated a deadline for all construction based projects to be UK Level 2 for 2016.
The Water Industry from client to supply chain has an opportunity to get on-board, gain efficiencies and cost savings using BIM.
The event covered topics such as:
1. What is BIM and the Government targets?
2. Why do we need a structured framework?
3. Advantages of BIM in Planning, Design, Construction and Operation stages of a water project.
4. BIM authoring and model aggregation samples of the water industry.
5. Asset management, lifecycle and owneroperation.
6. Next steps in water projects for clients, consultants, contractors and supply chain.
For more information on all things BIM fill out the contact form below.